Who Sings Arizona’s Praises?
I am a proud Arizona native.
I love just about everything that has to do with State 48.
So, when I hear a mention of Arizona in a famous song, it makes me smile. Here are the most memorable examples:
- The Eagles — from Take it Easy: “Standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, such a fine sight to see…”
- The Beatles – from Get Back: “Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona, for some California grass…”
- The Maine – from Waiting For My Sun To Shine: “Oh my gorgeous Arizona, Here’s to gettin’ caught with you…”
- Rex Allen, Jr. – song titled Arizona, the official state song.
- Mark Lindsey – song titled Arizona
- Glen Campbell – song titled By The Time I Get To Phoenix
- Gordon Lightfoot – song titled Carefree Highway
Not to be overshadowed by such musical groups as Kansas, Boston or Chicago, there is the Arizona-based country rock band Mogollon and the rock band ARIZONA (although they are from New Jersey). There are also a number of other famous bands and musicians from Arizona including the Gin Blossoms, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Jimmy Eat World, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Dierks Bentley and of course, Alice Cooper, to name a few.
Time for a sing-along!
If you are wishing to do business in the state, whether it is launching a new company, introducing a new product or reestablishing a presence, feel free to contact us.
Our Arizona roots give us the institutional knowledge required to provide context and historical relevance to the communications needs of our clients.