Where is Social Media Headed?March 27, 2018
What Is In a Day?March 29, 2018
One of the ways our team finds news hooks to connect story pitches to is to do a search for the various holidays that occur each month. I’m not talking about the major holidays, but the ones that are tied to a cause, issue or industry.
I was online yesterday and knowing that I had a blog post due today, I clicked around to find out what March 28th holidays exist. Here are just a few that I was able to locate:
Be sure to add these holidays to your calendar
- National Something on a Stick Day – celebrating anything you can put on a stick.
- Weed Appreciation Day – now I suppose this could have multiple meanings, but the site I found says it is to honor those pesky things that take over your lawn or garden.
- Children’s Picture Book Day – my favorite is Goodnight Moon. Here’s a great list.
- Eat an Eskimo Pie Day ( see Something on a Stick)
- Black Forest Cake Appreciation Day (big day for eating)
- Little Red Wagon Day (to haul all the food perhaps?)
- Manatee Appreciation Day (who doesn’t appreciate a manatee?)
I’m not sure that we have any clients that can take advantage of any of these, but it did serve as a good blog-spiration for this post.