Seasons GrEATingsDecember 21, 2018
New year, new inspirationJanuary 3, 2019
I’ve never been a big New Year’s Resolution guy. For some reason, the calendar just doesn’t have that much of an impact on how I operate.
But, I did take the time to write down some things I think I can do better this year. And, I sought the input from the HMA Public Relations team, as well.
For 2019, we resolve to:
- Not make any AP stylebook slip-ups.
- Always have business cards near or on my person.
- Meet all self-imposed deadlines.
- Remember the balance between working harder and working smarter.
- Be on time.
- Public Relations is about personal relationships and connections. Just say NO to impersonal pitches and email blasts.
- Don’t forget to say thank you when media outlets/reporters/etc. cover your news.
- Invest in professional development opportunities.
- Stay hungry.
- Build genuine, valuable relationships with both members of the media and PR pros.
- Google anyone before you pitch them.
- Ask questions.
- Never assume when it comes to coworkers, clients or the media.
- Invest in continuing education.
- Evolve or die.
- Read at least one business book per quarter.
- Always strive to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Celebrate the wins.
Do you have any to add to our list?