#FunFactFriday – Doggy Edition
Did you know that August is National Dog Month?
Given 80% of our staff are proud dog parents, here are a few fun facts as it relates to our four-legged friends:
- Dogs reduce feelings of isolation. With nearly 60% of workers working at least partially from home, having canine companionship is critical to keeping us from feeling lonely.
- Dogs are good for the heart. While we love them, they are good for us in a literal sense as dog ownership has been associated with decreased cardiovascular risk.
- Dogs teach us responsibility.
- Dogs can help boost your immune system.
- Dogs model unconditional love.
- Dogs are a natural stress reliever.
- Dogs get us outdoors, even when we are busy (no one wants an accident on the carpet, after all)
- Dogs help keep us on a routine.
- People just like “dog people” more in general. No, really.
- Dogs help us naturally produce oxytocin aka the love and cuddle hormone.
- Dogs protect us.
And, of course, dogs up our social media game, always willing and able to be our models, even when co-workers, kids, parents and partners shy away from it.