#FunFactFriday – December
December is officially upon us and with the last month of the year comes fun facts in this edition of #FunFactFriday. Read more to discover some facts that will impress others this month.
- December is for desserts with this month marking the celebration of National Cookie Day, National Brownie Day, National Pastry Day and National Ice Cream Day. Be sure to indulge this month in celebration of your favorite desserts!
- While December is the 12th month of the year, the early Roman calendar originally marked it as the 10th month.
- December has three birth stones, tanzanite, turquoise and zircon, all of which are different shades of blue. Choose your favorite!
- Walt Disney, LeBron James, Emily Dickinson, Tiger Woods, Frank Sinatra, Beethoven, Steven Spielberg, Samuel. L. Jackson, Jane Fonda and Sir Isaac Newton are just a few of the notable figures that were born in the month of December.
- Speaking of birthdays, more dentists have birthdays in December than in any other month according to a study by the Office for National Statistics.
- While Jingle Bells is sung to celebrate Christmastime, it was originally a Thanksgiving song and titled One Horse Open Sleigh. This song was also the first to be played in space!
- Delicious Dr. Pepper was first served on Dec. 1, 1885 at the W.B. Morrison & Co. Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas.
- The world’s largest menorah is located in New York City, standing tall at 36 feet and weighing a whopping 4,000 pounds.
- While tinsel is known as an affordable holiday decoration today, it was originally spun from thin strands of real silver and dates all the way back to the year 1610.
HMA wishes you a wonderful month of December. And if you’re looking to make the month special for your business, give us a call!