#TipForTuesday – Listen, Learn and Share
The Arizona Speaker Series has hosted four very different presenters – Sanjay Gupta, Vice President Joe Biden, James Comey and last week, Condoleezza Rice. With three more speakers to go, I can honestly say that I have gotten my money’s worth.
Now, that doesn’t mean I’ve liked all the presenters. And I think that is precisely the point of the series – to bring together different people with different political views, upbringings, career paths and passions. This from the speakers as well as the audience.
I didn’t care for Dr. Rice’s presentation. It felt more like an academic lecture than a presentation. Which does make sense given her current career. But there were a few things that did resonate with me:
- Get involved; change your community by volunteering and being engaged.
- Absolutely agree with this. Commit to doing something in your community, it will have lasting impact.
- Embrace all cultures and faiths and believe in opportunity for all.
- And I’d add learn from those from different cultures and faiths.
- Do the right thing even when it’s hard.
- And take responsibility to do your part to improve the world.
- Listen and learn from different perspectives and different points of view.
- And I think that’s exactly what this series is about.