Should I Get Involved in Board Service?March 5, 2020
#MediaMonday – Josh GalemoreMarch 9, 2020
Photo by Jose Morales on Unsplash
Today, Team HMA is singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” as we attend the Diamondbacks vs. Rockies Spring Training game. While we enjoy the game, I thought that it was only right to leave you with some fun facts about Spring Training:
- The Cactus League began in 1947 with only two major league teams, the New York Giants and the Cleveland Indians.
- The Arizona Cactus and Florida Grapefruit leagues are split 50-50, with 15 teams training in each state.
- The 15 teams that call Arizona home during spring training are the Diamondbacks, Cubs, White Sox, Reds, Indians, Rockies, Royals, Angels, Dodgers, Brewers, A’s, Padres, Giants, Mariners and Rangers.
- In 2019, the Chicago Cubs attracted the largest Cactus League crowd ever with 16,100 fans watching them take on the Boston Red Sox, the defending World Series champion.
- In 2017, the Cactus League set a record of welcoming 1.94 million fans to games.
- 60 percent of attendance at Spring Training games in Arizona is made up by out-of-state visitors.
- In 2018, Spring Training generated $31 million in state and local tax revenue for Arizona.
Are you attending any Spring Training games? If so, who are you rooting for?