How to make the most of Valentine’s DayFebruary 14, 2020
Lessons Learned While NetworkingFebruary 19, 2020
Last week, I finished up my 16th year at HMA Public Relations. Yes, I have at worked the same place since graduating college. Yes, it’s crazy. No, I can’t believe it either.
In honor of my “Sweet Sixteen,” I wanted to share 16 nuggets of wisdom I’ve learned from others during my time here:
- On time is 10 minutes late.
- Be curious.
- Leading and managing are different things.
- Write the way you talk.
- Be yourself.
- Be an active listener.
- Surround yourself with people smarter than you.
- Never wear white on camera.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Always help, if you can.
- Be accountable; take responsibility for both actions and outcomes.
- Don’t make work your entire life.
- Write things down!
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Not everyone is going to like you.
- Find your people; take care of them; let them take care of you.