Grey vs. Black and WhiteNovember 21, 2017
#MediaMonday – Brian WrightNovember 27, 2017
Yesterday I turned 40 and as I was at lunch having lunch (tacos for #TacoTuesday of course) with one of my good friends we were discussing what turning 40 feels like (I say 40 is the new 30), what we had accomplished and what we still wanted to do. Which got me to thinking about what things should I know by 40 and did I know them? I decided to Google “what things should I know by 40” and the first link that came up was from the Power of Positivity website called “40 Things Every Person Should Know By Age 40.”
While I am not going to list all 40 I am going to list a few of my favorites with some comments listed along with them.
- Nothing beats a good night’s sleep – Or a few in a row, especially if you have children!
- One’s “career path” can include multiple forks in the road – Which helps with knowing what you want to do “when you grow up!”
- Your social circle has become smaller and smaller – and for the better – which makes life more manageable and makes #8 seem very reasonable.
- Weekend benders are ALWAYS a bad idea – Right? They also feel a lot different at 40 than they did at 21.
- You’ve fought for something bigger than yourself…by donating money, giving time, etc. – Yes, that seems to be the point of life!
- 99 percent of the stuff learned in college is not – and never will be – an important part of your life – or high school for that matter?
- Talking to people on the phone is limited to (a) co-workers or (b) family – about 99 percent of the time – Unless it is from Matt Jackson who talks on the phone more than anyone I know.
- Being “uninvited” to something can feel really, really good – for sure!
- The word “success” takes on much, much less meaning – Or what you thought the meaning of success was much different at 30 than at 40.
- Realized that 40 is still young…and you’ve got plenty left in the tank – and you’re grateful for that- And happy to be young and active!
The entire list of 40 can be found by clicking here. Is there anything you think needs to be added to the list?