#HMATurns40 – A bit of our historyJanuary 30, 2020
#MediaMonday – Jenna-Lee NeffFebruary 3, 2020
Photo by Vienna Reyes on Unsplash
To wrap up the first month of the New Year, we’re spotlighting the big game this weekend. And no, we’re not talking about “The Greatest Show on Grass.” Check out these fun facts about the Super Bowl to celebrate everyone’s favorite excuse to spend a day eating finger foods!
- This year’s big game is Super Bowl LIV, featuring the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs taking place at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
- This is the first Super Bowl appearance by the Chiefs in 50 years, and the 49ers’ seventh appearance.
- Last year’s Super Bowl, LIII, drew an average audience of 98.2 million viewers, which is considerably lower than the 103.4 million viewers who tuned in the year before.
- Roughly two-thirds of homes with TVs in use during last year’s Super Bowl were tuned in to the game.
- Super Bowl LIII drew 3 million interactions on social media.
- In 2019, Pepsi generated the most online mentions during the Super Bowl, with almost 72,000 social mentions. Doritos came in second with almost 30,000 mentions.
- Apple’s “1984” Super Bowl ad introducing the Macintosh computer is regarded as one of the most influential Super Bowl commercials of all time, considered the first ad during the big game that was more than a 30-second jingle.
Whether you watch the game for the action or you’re just in it for the great food and creative ads, the Super Bowl is a cultural phenomenon that brings the entire country together.
Which team are you rooting for?