Delta Dental of Arizona Earns Sixth Consecutive Healthy Worksites Honor
(GLENDALE, Ariz. – June 9, 2022) – For the sixth consecutive year, Delta Dental of Arizona has earned the Healthy Arizona Worksites Program (HAWP) Gold Award for its implementation of evidence-based health initiatives to improve the well-being of their employees, employees’ families and communities. HAWP, a public health initiative developed through a partnership between the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health, will recognize Delta Dental and fellow honorees for their wellness efforts during a virtual event on June 14, 2022.
Delta Dental was among approximately 38 companies across Arizona to meet HAWP’s gold eligibility requirements this year, which include but are not limited to setting new goals and implementing new programs, but also tracking and documenting outcomes and behavioral changes.
“For 50 years, Delta Dental of Arizona has strived to provide a welcoming, inclusive, professional and healthy work environment – both physically and mentally – for those who choose to be part of our team and work tirelessly to provide access to oral health across Arizona,” said Jolean Fleck, vice president of people and organizational development at Delta Dental of Arizona. “Earning this designation for a sixth straight year reinforces that our company culture is a strong one, and it only encourages us to continue getting better.”
Delta Dental of Arizona’s efforts to support employee well-being include:
- Paid time off for dental appointments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Education assistance including tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and professional licensure and certifications
- A wellness discount focused on encouraging premium preventive care including tobacco-free status, telehealth, and annual dental/medical check-ups
- Quarterly lunch-and-learns on a variety of professional and wellness topics
- Annual wellness fair with free, on-site biometric screening and flu shots
- A dedicated and private lactation room with comfortable seating, private refrigerator and reading materials
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Income-protection benefits including employer-paid long and short-term disability and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gift cards for anniversaries and birthdays
Learn more about Delta Dental of Arizona’s healthy initiatives and job openings by visiting www.deltadentalaz.com/careers.
About The Healthy Arizona Worksites Program
HAWP is a public health initiative developed through a partnership between the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. This statewide program provides Arizona employers with training, technical assistance, tools and resources to design, implement and evaluate worksite wellness initiatives. For more information, visit www.healthyazworksites.org.
About Delta Dental of Arizona
Delta Dental of Arizona is the leading dental benefits provider in Arizona, serving more than 1.2 million enrollees and more than 3,500 contracted dentists across the state. Passionate about oral health and its importance to generations of families, Delta Dental of Arizona has worked for 50 years to improve oral health by emphasizing preventive care and making dental coverage accessible to a wide variety of employers, groups, and individuals. Since 2010, Delta Dental of Arizona, through its Foundation, gave $15 million to support oral health education and disease prevention programs for underserved and uninsured communities across the state. For more information about Delta Dental of Arizona, visit www.deltadentalaz.com.