WHAT: Carrington College is pleased to welcome more than a dozen local non-profit and service organizations to its Mesa campus for a Community Resource Fair, offering members of the Southeast Valley and beyond the opportunity to learn about banking, child care, health care, social services and other resources available to them right in their own backyards.
Partners, each of whom will be exhibiting during the fair, include:
- A New Leaf, which offers domestic violence, homeless, behavioral health and youth programs
- Adelante Healthcare, which offers affordable health care services at nine locations throughout Maricopa County and surrounding communities
- United Food Bank, which provides access to nutritious food through community partnerships, food distribution and education in the greater-East Valley
- Arizona DES Child Support Services, which works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective vision that every child, adult, and family in the state of Arizona will be safe and economically secure
- Child Crisis Arizona, which protects the Valley's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect and strives to build stronger families
- Goodwill of Central Arizona, which helps support job placement and skills training at numerous career centers that are free to the public, placing thousands of jobs with hundreds of local Arizona employers
- Care1st Health Plan Arizona, which provides affordable health care services to local families
- Maricopa County Head Start, which offers comprehensive child development services for young children from birth to age five, pregnant women and their families
- Health Net Access, which serves Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System members in Maricopa County, ensuring access to quality and timely care.
- Maricopa County Women, Infants and Children Program, which encourages the whole family to be healthy with good nutrition and breastfeeding support
- Rehabilitation Services Administration, which is committed to improving results and outcomes for people with disabilities of all ages
- First Credit Union, a member-owned, nonprofit credit union providing checking, loans and more
- Social Security Administration, which administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits
- Parent Partners Plus, which offers free and Voluntary in-home visitation programs serving families in who are pregnant or have a child five and under
- Southwest Human Development, which is Arizona’s largest nonprofit dedicated to early childhood development
- Department of Economic Security, which helps Arizonans reach their potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable
WHO: Anyone seeking advice or information on financial, housing, health care and other support services available in the Southeast Valley.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
WHERE: 1001 West Southern Avenue, Suite 130
Mesa, AZ 85210
CONTACT: Alyssa Abraham, 602-743-8315 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carrington College
Carrington College offers a diverse range of programs that lead to a Certificate of Achievement or Associate degree. As the starting point for healthcare careers, the college offers programs that prepare students for careers in the medical, dental and veterinary fields. More than 100,000 certificates and degrees have been earned by career-ready professionals at Carrington College to date. Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org.
Additionally, many of the programs at the college are accredited by specialized accrediting bodies, which focus on specific occupational fields. Programmatic accreditation varies by campus; please check the website or catalog for accreditation information. The college provides employment-focused, outcome-based, postsecondary education and training.
Carrington College is a part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. For more information about Carrington College, visit http://carrington.edu/.