Caesars Entertainment and Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Reconfirm Longstanding Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
(MARICOPA, Ariz. – Dec. 4, 2020) –Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino today announced its managing partner Caesars Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ:CZR), the largest gaming and entertainment company in the United States, today published its 2019-2020 PEOPLE PLANET PLAY Report on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
PEOPLE PLANET PLAY is the framework underpinning Caesars Entertainment’s and Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino’s CSR strategy, addressing the ways in which the property makes a positive contribution to people, the environment and communities through its business and responsible conduct.
In this report, Caesars confirms its purpose-driven approach and commitment to PEOPLE PLANET PLAY as a responsible corporate citizen. This is particularly relevant as the 2019-2020 period has been unparalleled for two main reasons: (1) the successful merger of Caesars Entertainment Corporation and Eldorado Resorts, Inc. that created Caesars Entertainment, Inc. with significantly expanded operations and new leadership, and (2) the COVID-19 pandemic that resulted in property closures around the country for several months and a return to work with new protocols and restrictions.
The data included in this year’s report is from 2019 and the first half of 2020, representative of Caesars properties pre-merger. The report also outlines how the newly formed company remains committed to CSR moving forward.
“This year has certainly presented opportunities and challenges as we respond to the pandemic throughout the U.S.,” said Tom Reeg, CEO of Caesars Entertainment. “Perhaps most importantly, we see this as an opportunity to work together in the newly formed Caesars Entertainment, bridging our community-driven efforts and strengthening them within a larger organization. Where we had set platforms and programs that impacted so many, we can build them up and make them stronger and more impactful than ever before.”
The Report covers Caesars’ key impacts and achievements in seven key areas, with highlights including:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI):In 2019, Caesars legacy properties had 45% women and 35% racial diversity in management roles. The combined company has affirmed its commitment to gender and racial equity in leadership and management. The Company also engaged with certified diverse vendors for 17.6% of capital and 10.8% of operational expenditures.
- Positive experiences for guests:The Company has significantly enhanced its offerings for guests through extensive renovations and expansion of digital services, including enhancements at Harveys Lake Tahoe and Harrah’s Las Vegas as well as completed construction of CAESARS FORUM Conference Center.
- Social impact:Total community investments in 2019 amounted to $67 million, including the value of 370,000 hours volunteered in local communities by team members (Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino employees volunteered more than 20,000 hours last year). In 2019, Caesars turned every dollar of revenue into a societal contribution of 46 cents – nearly four times the average community contribution for U.S. corporations.
- Responsible gaming:Caesars Entertainment celebrated 30 years of Responsible Gaming (RG) leadership in 2019. Caesars created the first comprehensive RG program in the industry, which includes structured RG training for team members. In 2019, nearly 50,000 team members received RG training.
- Family values at work:In 2019, Caesars invested 1.51 million hours in training and development for team members, an average of 27 hours per team member per year.
- Environmental sustainability:In 2019, on a normalized basis per 1,000 square foot, Caesars used 2% less energy, 3% less water and generated 13% less total waste than the prior year. Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino recycled 2,414,331 pounds of glass, metal, paper and other reusable materials.
- Governance:In 2020, following completion of the merger, Caesars Entertainment immediately created a new CSR Committee of the Board of Directors. The Committee will drive CSR strategy and oversee CSR and ESG progress, remaining true to the legacy of the past 20 years.
About Caesars Entertainment, Inc.
Caesars Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: CZR) is the largest casino-entertainment company in the U.S. and one of the world’s most diversified casino-entertainment providers. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, in 1937, Caesars Entertainment has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions. Caesars Entertainment’s resorts operate primarily under the Caesars®, Harrah’s®, Horseshoe® and Eldorado® brand names. Caesars Entertainment offers diversified amenities and one-of-a-kind destinations, with a focus on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of impeccable service, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars Entertainment is committed to its employees, suppliers, communities and the environment through its PEOPLE PLANET PLAY framework. For more information, please visit www.caesars.com/corporate.
About Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino:
Celebrating more than 25 years in Maricopa, Arizona, Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino is Arizona’s first and only tribal casino to have an international management partner. Harrah’s Ak-Chin is the only casino in Arizona that allows guests, through its Caesars Rewards program, to unlock benefits and other prizes that can be used worldwide at the entire Caesars’ family of casinos.
Harrah’s Ak-Chin also boasts one of the two Bingo halls within the Caesars portfolio, continuing the proud heritage of William F. Harrah, who opened his first Bingo hall in Reno in 1937.
In addition to its slot machines, video poker, video Keno, statewide progressives and blackjack, Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino guests can also enjoy a variety of dining options, including the Copper Cactus Grill, Chop, Block & Brew, Oak & Fork, Agave’s Restaurant and Dunkin’®.
Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino features 529 luxurious resort and tower guestrooms, spa and fitness center, and an outdoor swimming pool with swim-up bar.
Harrah’s Ak-Chin has been named a Most Admired Company by Arizona Business Magazine and Best Companies AZ, and Phoenix Business Journal has named the property one of the “Best Places to Work in the Valley” four consecutive years. Harrah’s Ak-Chin was also awarded a Volunteer Service Award from the Arizona Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism.
For more information about Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino, visit www.harrahsakchin.com.