Arizona Association for Economic Development to Launch Year-Long Economic Development Certification Program
WHAT: The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) is launching its year-long economic development certification program, The Academy of Arizona. Through a series of virtual courses, participants will learn about business retention and expansion, marketing, entrepreneurship, workforce and downtown development. After successful completion of the seven courses, participants will receive the AZED Pro Certification.
WHERE: Each course will be held virtually via Zoom. Register for each course on AAED’s website.
WHEN: Courses are offered on a rolling basis March through October. You can begin the program at any time and will need to complete seven courses within three years to receive certification.
- March 24-25, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Business Retention & Expansion
- April 28-29, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Arizona Taxation, Finance & Incentives
- May 26-27, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Marketing and Business Development
- July 28-29, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Economic Development in Arizona
- 25-26, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Entrepreneurship & Small Business Development
- 29-30, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Arizona Workforce Development
- 27-28, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Downtown Development
Participants must complete all sessions of each course to receive credit. To receive AZED Pro certification, courses must be completed within three years. The virtual courses include panel discussions with economic developers from across the country and a range of industry professionals from real estate, marketing, human resources and tourism. Case studies will be presented and participants will have an opportunity to network with other participants and panel speakers. To learn more about The Academy of Arizona, visit https://www.aaed.com/page/AcademyCredits.
About the Arizona Association for Economic Development
AAED, founded in 1974, has a mission to serve as Arizona’s unified voice for responsible economic development through professional education, public policy, and collaboration. For more information on AAED, visit www.aaed.com or call (602) 240-2233.