At a recent Accelerent breakfast, Hyrum W. Smith, creator of the Franklin Day Planner, shared some of his stories and insights into productivity in the workplace.
He said, “The basic principles that help a human become more productive haven’t changed in 6,000 years.”
“We haven’t changed. The tools have.”
If you think about it, that makes plenty of sense.
So do these quotes, which are some of my favorites related to productivity:
- “The most productive people are already happy” – Hyrum W. Smith
- “The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity” ― Tom Peters
- “Productivity is about looking forward. Looking back too much, or trying to be too much of a perfectionist, can destroy that productivity. So keep going. Keep creating. Keep building” ― Audrey Moralez
- “Productivity is never an accident” — Paul J. Meyer
- “Disorganization can stunt your professional growth and decrease your productivity” — John Rampton
- “One of the most valuable gifts that a person can give (or receive) is a productive mentality. It is with a productive mentality that people change their lives for the better, in ways profound” ― Innocent Mwatsikesimbe
- “Being busy does not always mean real work” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Never mistake motion for action” — Ernest Hemingway
- “Your productivity will double with increase physical activity” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Do you have any others that speak to you?