(Maricopa, Ariz.) – Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino has announced its 2015 Chairman’s Award winners, a distinction given to employees who show exemplary service, serve as role models for co-workers and demonstrate an outstanding commitment to the Harrah’s brand.
The 2015 winners are:
• Caring Culture: Jacki Gaylor, human resources department, has made a great impact on the betterment of the employees at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino. She’s a dedicated employee in the human resource department, often flexing her hours to accommodate the needs of others. She spearheaded the wellness initiative, and because of her work, Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino has been recognized by the Phoenix Business Journal for the past two years as one of the Valley’s Healthiest Employers.
• Celebrating Success: Barbara Achten, casino cage department, can be counted on to recognize every success an employee has and shows genuine excitement for their achievements. She understands how to motive employees both individually and collectively. Her leadership style has a positive effect on morale and productivity. This trickles down to the happiness of the customers because of the positive work environment she has created.
• Diversity: Nate Kinstlinger, beverage department, believes in finding his team members’ individuals strengths, interests and abilities and bringing them to light. Because of this, his team successfully worked through big changes in 2014. Despite the many changes his team faced, they remained engaged and delivered top notch service on the casino floor. While on the casino floor, customers can always expect quality and friendly service from Nate and his team. He gives his teams all the credit, but it can be said that behind every successful team is a great leader.
• Rigor: Argelia Garza, casino accounting department, shattered the learning curve on learning casino audits. She flourished this year with self-imposed challenges and became our new certified trainer within three months – a process that normally takes one year. She earned the title of senior compliance auditor. This has led to an unmatched cohesiveness and rigor among her team.
• Rigor: Evelina Chavez, facilities/surveillance department, identifies challenges and then creates strategies to improve productivity. She has streamlined parts and service methods to increase efficiency. With a focus on the needs of others, she helps other departments by finding accounting discrepancies and ensures the department is not occurring undue costs. She has the ability to secure the best prices. She even saved the facilities department $20,000. No matter how big or small, Evelina efficiently assists others throughout the property, which allows employees to focus on quality customer service.
• Service with Passion: Heidy Gates, marketing department, is the Administrative Ninja. She has the ability to understand an employee’s problem without them bringing awareness to it, and she’ll fix that problem quietly and skillfully. She goes above and beyond her job duties to ensure those around her have what they need to be successful. Her pride in her work, colleagues and workplace leads to great success.
• Integrity: Julie Madrigal, slots department, has volunteered 367 hours this past year to multiple worthy causes in the community. She participated in the three-day Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer walk, the Relay for Life, blood drives, Battle of the Bras, Coyotes 50/50 raffle and numerous bake sales. In addition, she also donates her time to the Maricopa Food Bank and the Melonhead Foundation. Plus, she has volunteered 135 hours to her daughter’s school. Julie is compassionate and patient, and she is a true role model within Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino and the community.
• Service with Passion: Ray Lapinid, valet department, is an energetic and affirmative force that sets the tone for the pace of the team. He brings a spark of positive energy and always has a sense of urgency to provide the best service possible to guests. Noted as the fastest and friendliest guy at the casino, customers are often complimenting Ray on his spirit of service and his commitment to excellence.
“We’re extremely proud of the winners this year for their unwavering commitment in their service to our customers and for always going above and beyond the call of duty in the workplace,” said Robert Livingston, vice president/general manager at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino. “My gratitude goes out to them for all they have done, and we’re honored to have them represent the Harrah’s brand.”
Madrigal, Chavez and Garza are residents of Maricopa. Lapinid, Gaylor and Achten are residents of Casa Grande. Gates is a resident of Arizona City and Kinstlinger is a resident of Chandler.
Each of the Chairman’s Award winners were honored at a celebration banquet with a commemorative gift and a dedicated parking space for the year. They are now eligible for the Division Chairman’s Award and ultimately the companywide Chairman’s Award.
For more information on Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino visit www.harrahsakchin.com or call (480) 802-5000.
About Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino:
Celebrating more than 20 years in Maricopa, Arizona, Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino is Arizona’s first and only tribal casino to have an international management partner, Caesars Entertainment. Offering the largest selection of the latest reel and video slots in a range of denominations, Harrah’s Ak-Chin features slot machines, video poker, video Keno as well as popular statewide progressives and live-action poker and Black Jack.