Peter’s Pet PeevesApril 21, 2015
Reporters have the worst jobs…in America??April 23, 2015
Cliché or not, timing is everything. Time dictates just about everything I do in a workday. I’m sure most professionals can relate to this, especially those that use time sheets or have clients’ hours to track. I caught on to the control time had when I first stepped into agency life.
Timing dictates when I …
- Post a blog – I always post early in the morning to get the most exposure among our audience.
- Post on social media – This varies from client to client, but obviously, I want to post when each client’s audiences are online.
- Pitch a reporter – I’m surely not going to do it at 4 p.m. on a Friday or when there’s a major happening in town because that would be poor timing.
- Start a new task – Since we track every 15 minutes of our day on a time sheet, I make full use of each 15 minute increment before I move on to something new.
- Make FINDERBINDER AZ calls – Calling the media to ask for updates with their company during a busy news cycle is a guaranteed way to make them not want to take my call again. Also, calling during lunch is a waste of time.
The point is that timing is important, and it’s good to understand why. When I do things, it’s because I’ve learned when to do them over time. How does time navigate your workday?