I decided this year not to make any resolutions, but rather to set some goals. I think goals give us something to work toward and a sense of accomplishment when completed. I wrote about it in a blog post and asked Kelly to make sure I shared my progress.
So, here’s what I have achieved so far:
- Walked 130.6 miles toward my 520 mile goal – achieved it in on March 12, 19 days ahead of schedule, giving me a head start on Q2.
- Talk to five people, on the phone, each month – needs a little work. I’m averaging 3 people. So who should I call?
- Read two business books per quarter: Actually read four. How Will You Measure Your Life, Lean In, Spin Sucks and Non-Violent Communications.
- Read four-to-six non-business books: didn’t quite make it. Finished Forgotten Country, The Lion is In, and Dark Places. Am about halfway through Unbroken. But in my defense, I did read five issues of Rolling Stone magazine, about a dozen Entertainment Weeklies and a couple in-flight magazines.
- Take a cooking class and a sign language class – registered for both, but had to cancel. But I gave myself a little time on these two so let’s see how this quarter goes.
Not too shabby, right? How are you doing on your goals for the year?