Business on the Golf CourseFebruary 2, 2016
Pantene Scores Touchdown with Brand Experience VideosFebruary 4, 2016
The recent National Hockey League All-Star game proved that MVPs can come from anywhere.
Former Arizona Coyotes tough guy John Scott, who has since been traded to the Montreal Canadiens and subsequently sent back to the minors, was voted by fans to be an All-Star.
With just five goals and nearly 550 penalty minutes in 285 career games, Scott’s stats weren’t really All-Star-worthy. In fact, he wasn’t even in the league at the time! But, in the All-Star game, he more than showed-up. The 6-foot-8, 275-pound winger scored two goals to lead his Pacific Division team to a victory while earning game most valuable player honors – which included a new car.
It proves that MVPs CAN come from anywhere amongst an All-Star cast. Just like:
- A routine pitch that ends up with a mega-feature in a national publication;
- A casual conversation on a plane flight that turns into a new client;
- A regular media meeting that results in several articles;
- An appropriate follow-up that leads to a job;
- A standard presentation that solidifies you as an expert in your field;
- A blog post that resonates with a prospective client; and
- A thought-to-be mundane You Tube video that goes viral.