#MediaMonday ExtraJuly 26, 2010
HMA Book Club – #EngageOrDieJuly 28, 2010
Today’s tip is dedicated to putting it all out there – good vibes, that is.
Sure, everyone from Tony Robbins to the Church of Scientology have made a mint preaching about the power of positive thinking and visualizing what you want to make it happen. But there is something to it – in fact, HMA just finished an exercise in this very thing and was delighted by the result!
So, let’s look back to one of the pioneers of the power of positive thinking – the man who literally wrote the book on it – Norman Vincent Peale. Some of his thoughts on, well, positive thoughts:
- When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
- Drop the idea that you are Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. The world would go on even without you. Don't take yourself so seriously.
- Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
- Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.
- Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory.
- The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
- A positive mental attitude is a belief that things are going to turn out well, and that you can overcome any kind of trouble or difficulty.
- Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
How do you inject the power of positive thinking into your industry, job and/or life?