#followfriday – the #journchat EditionAugust 14, 2009
#journchat – How Michael Jordan Will Help Social MediaAugust 18, 2009
Welcome to HMATime’s inaugural “25 Things You Didn’t Know About…” column, where, just like the popular Facebook feature, we give you all sorts of random facts about ourselves and our clients. You can expect a new column each week – sometimes from our staffers, sometimes from our clients and sometimes from our friends at the media.
- I have been quoted in the USA Today three times – twice about social media and once about vacations.
- I can do a really cool ear trick – but overdoing it forced me to get ear hematoma surgery TWICE!
- My childhood softball team – the Sand Dollar Sharks – only lost two games in 10 years.
- My dad sponsored the team.
- The Great White shark, Basking Shark and Whale Shark are my favorite animals.
- I’ve been the spokesperson for the Circle K Tempe Music Festival since 2006.
- In my spare time, I like to freelance write about tea and wine.
- From Rock of Love to Megan Wants a Millionaire, I watch ALL of the dating shows on VH1 religiously.
- I write with my left hand but can kick, cut, bat and eat with either hand.
- I am a proud Notre Dame Fighting Irish fan – my dad and several other family members are alumni – and my family flew out to one game in South Bend every year from 1982 to 2003.
- I am related to NASCAR driver Ryan Newman – 4th cousins or something.
- I help out with the Rocky Mountain Emmy Awards.
- I help plan PRSA media breakfasts and professional development luncheons.
- I go to my mom’s house every Thursday night for family dinner with my sister, mom, brother and about 10 of his closest friends.
- I have been watching Young & the Restless since I was 10-years-old.
- Without my glasses or contacts, I am almost legally blind. So is my mom.
- While at some batting cages in high school, I laughed at a skinny, blond guy in the cage next to me as he missed ball after ball. It was David Spade. All I could say when he stared me down was, “I love Tommy Boy.” Not my coolest moment.
- I am a proud graduate of Horizon High School in 1999 and married a local boy who graduated from Shadow Mountain in 1997.
- I won $600 the first time I ever gambled (1998 – bingo at Casino Arizona).
- In high school and college, I worked at the Scottsdale Princess, Radisson Mist Spa and Paradise Bakery.
- I think the Golden Girls is the most consistently funny sitcom of all time. Arrested Development is number two. And, of course, Lost is the best show ever.
- My favorite athletes of all time are Charles Barkley, Walter Payton and Joe Montana.
- My mom helped me get my job at HMA Public Relations. In 2003, HMA president Scott Hanson’s son played football with my little brother. So, my mom came right up to him and told him to hire me when I graduated college. I’ve been at HMA ever since!
- I am obsessed with cruises and will have sailed on Princess, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean ships by the end of 2010.
- My sister is my best friend.