Who Referred You? Mr. Pinter Est, Was It?November 11, 2014
Learn How PR, Viral Content Marketing and SEO Go Hand-in-HandNovember 13, 2014
The Public Relations Global Network (PRGN) recently surveyed its 50 member agencies from around the world on a number of topics.
Among them, “What is the primary value that being locally owned brings to clients?”
The top responses were:
24 percent -- personal connections to media and influencers.
22 percent -- knowledge of the local community.
Not really much of a surprise here. It also sheds insight into what makes a good agency staffer.
So, here’s my list of Top-10 Things a Job-Seeker Should Know About the Market:
- Who the mayor is.
- Who the governor is.
- General political climate.
- The name of the top daily newspaper.
- The name of the top business publication.
- Knowledge of any community rallying points, such as a university, a sports team or a significant special event.
- Awareness of industry associations, such as Public Relations Society of America, International Association of Business Communicators, etc.
- Major industries for the area.
- The call letters or channel of at least one local news station.
- News of the day in the market.
What else is on your list?