Ah, the beginning of the year. Time to start anew and make all those resolutions. Save money. Lose weight. Exercise. Travel more. Read more. Yada yada yada.
Problem with resolutions is they’re destined to be ignored. Too much pressure. So rather than make resolutions, I set some goals instead. I’m much better with things that have a definite beginning and end. And when I reach the goal I have that sense of accomplishment. So I’m putting these out there so you can hold me accountable. Kelly, make a note in our blog editorial calendar to have me revisit these goals each quarter.
- Walk 520 miles by December 31, 2014.
- Pick up the phone! Connect with five people per month – an actual conversation, not email, not text but a real phone conversation.
- Read 2 business-related books per quarter.
- Read 4-6 non-business books per quarter.
- Take a cooking class by June 30, 2014. Invite book club ladies to try what I learn.
- Learn sign language by my birthday (October 13). Have a conversation with my friend Sherri using only ASL.
So what are your goals for 2014?