Cheers to Chad!December 2, 2009
Appreciating What You’ve GotDecember 4, 2009
Last night, mentor volunteers from the Phoenix Chapter of PRSA and president-elect Abbie S. Fink got together with their mentees for a special networking event at my house. I’ve been out of college for six years now, but I still sometimes get nervous going to events like these, so I really take my hat off to the students who not only attended – but participated in all the fun (and learning!). I really don’t know that I would have been so brave six years ago.
The students who attended learned some things very quickly – PR folks like to talk, like to eat and are masters at ice breaker games! Case in point, we played an icebreaker bingo of sorts where we had to learn random facts about each other for fabulous prizes. During the game, no one had a choice but to be out of their shells.
Below – just some of the fun facts we learned about each other!
- Josee LaFleche has an unusual hobby – she is an ice skater! She also has the designation of speaking another language (we didn’t count Spanish) – French.
- Sophia Fuka is crazy about her bunnies.
- Christie Lowey was pretty much the only non-ASU alum – however, she did attend about five schools across Florida.
- During an internship, Aaron Baer acted as a spokesperson – for Bob Evans and its home-style cookin’. Oh, he was also a cheerleader – sort of – as he was the mascot of his high school!
- Beth Wilkinson was also a cheerleader in high school, which you already know if you’ve seen her TGI Friday’s commercial!
- Both Emily Bratkovich and Abbie S. Fink are natives of Minnesota.
- Effie Moore writes column for AZ Weekly Magazine, while Brian Camen writes a blog that has been picked up by the Huffington Post on occasion.
- Zac Atherton, Brian Camen and Alison Bailin (me!) are all left-handed.
- While several party-goers played a musical instrument, Sommer Caraway blew us all away by playing FOUR instruments – including the harp! Sommer was also the most excited with her prize – a holiday Pez dispenser!
Next on our plates – the PRSA Holiday Mixer next week!