The End of 2012 (but not the world)January 2, 2013
Are you a Word Doc-tor or Excel Spreadsheet Superstar?January 4, 2013
Recently while in Abbie’s office I said the phrase – “Break It Down,” to which she replied – “hold that thought,” got her dancing polar bear who sings “Ice, Ice, Baby” (Yes- the very one) and proceeded to dance in her office to the beat of the bear (Not once, but twice). She then proceeded to let me know that this was my fault because I said the phrase “Break It Down.” This brings me to the point of this blog, setting the trend for cool things to say in the office in 2013.
Below are the top 10 things you should try and say in the office and in your meetings in 2013.
- “We’re going to take the rest of the week as a ‘snow day.’” – Scott Hanson recommends! I say this one works VERY well in Arizona! We should do it!
- I’m right on Top of that Rose- Why not bring back the classic phrase from the ‘80s? Who can name the movie?
- From Stephanie Lough- “WWSJD? - What would Steve Jobs do?” (OR WWPCD? For the Super geeks out there)! Thanks - I love this one!
- “Bazinga!” – Who doesn’t like Sheldon Cooper?
- “Can you come here for a second, It’s nothing bad” – Said by no one EVER except by Alison Bailin to everyone in the office!
- “Nipster Hipster”- Because it just sounds cool!
- “Yes, that was a fantastic story on ’60 Minutes’ about our client” I can’t wait for Scott to say this one in 2013!
- “We need to wrap our pretty little heads around this one.” I just like saying “pretty little heads.”
- “Purple Zombies Batman!” Why not? Everyone loves Zombies! Right Joy Rivera?
- “Sure enough, that’s our one-millionth “like” on Facebook” – Scott, is this HMA’s goal in 2013?
And finally “To Wrap This Up in a Bow” (as Sally Clifford at Alliance of Arizona Non-Profits likes to say) these are the top 10 things for you to use in the office in 2013! You could even make a contest out of how many you can use in one meeting!
Do you have any that should be added to this list?