HMA Public Relations recently played host to one of the Humphrey Fellows at the Cronkite School at ASU - Mohammed Alauddin. He was nice enough to offer up a guest book report blog for us!
Take it away, Alauddin!
There are few books that I actually enjoy reading but Robert L. Dilenschneider's Power and Influence is one of them. Having served as president and chief executive officer of Hill and Knowlton, Inc. from 1986 to 1991, he formed The Dilenschneider Group in October 1991. He certainly comes from a place of knowledge. He shared a lot of interesting tidbits about how to be successful. A few of my favorites are:
· Be responsive, not offensive, be accountable and be positive
· Figure out whom we need and who needs us
· Always build goodwill
· Treat controversy with respect
· Make high ethical standards evident in everyday business decisions
· Balance integrity and liability
· Positive attitude
· Always serve your customer’s values first
· Become an intelligence sources for others
· Think that communication is the heart of management