Some pretty smart PR pros are going to share their thoughts and best practices during the next #HAPPO (Help-a-PR-Pro-Out) chat, scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 13, 9 p.m. EST.
Hosted by Nikki Little, a HAPPO champ from Michigan, expected topics for the one-hour chat include:
- How to make a great first impression once the interview starts.
- What you should avoid doing during the interview.
- What you should do if the person interviewing you is losing interest.
- What other candidates have done during interviews that ultimately landed them the job.
- The best way to follow up after the interview.
Best way to participate in an online chat? We recommend www.tweetchat.com and following the hashtag #HAPPO; there are other services as well. Nikki will post questions from her twitter account as well as www.twitter.com/helpaprproout so be sure to follow both. I’ll pop in there, too, so feel free to follow me: www.twitter.com/AbbieF.
While the discussion will cater primarily to public relations/communications professionals, there will likely be a nugget or two for anyone in the job-seeking mode. Feel free to share the details.
And if you have any great tips, please include them in the comments and certainly join in in on the conversation Thursday night.