Hiring a PR FirmOctober 24, 2011
“What is…?” Wednesday – What is AZ Big Media?October 26, 2011
Last week, I was lucky enough to be in Florida during the PRSA International Conference.
Our keynote was Human Business Works’ Chris Brogan, who spoke about how public relations professionals can “Cultivate Visibility.”
Brogan was kind enough to provide PRSA with notes from his presentation after the event here.
Some things to consider:
- Rather than thinking about how to get more people to our websites, or figuring out if we need to have a micro-site or a mobile site, we need to think about the “human digital channel” and interactions.
- He went on to define his idea of the human digital channel as not a website or search, but based on the idea of human interactions, returning to the shopkeeper parallel.
- Brogan stressed three things that he says he will hinge his thoughts for 2012 on: cultivating visibility, earning leverage and realizing that business is about belonging.
- Less than two minutes is what people will give you on the Web.
- Remember that you are in sales. “You might be selling the story,” he said. “You might be selling the internal conversation. But you are in sales.”
- Remember that you are in customer service. “Service is the new black,” Brogan said.
- Social media successes are happening because people are taking the time to talk back. Reply to people.
- In closing, Brogan said that PRSA should change its name to “the passionate relationship-minded storyteller association.”