#MediaMonday – Peter MadridAugust 15, 2011
What is…Wednesday – What is Crisis Communications? The Twitter Chat TakeAugust 17, 2011
All the generations - Silent to Z - in Alison's family
Today’s tip comes from our friends at BurrellesLuce and focuses on the importance of communicating with and marketing to a multigenerational audience. After all, each group has been influenced by such different major life events and pop culture phenomenon, it’s only natural we all understand and communicate through difference lenses.
The first step – identifying the generations, which are:
- The Silent Generation or Traditionalists (born late-1920s through 1945)
- Baby Boomers (born 1946 through 1964) – Scott and Abbie, but just barely!
- Gen-X (born 1965 through 1980) –Alison, but just barely! (technically, HMA was born in 1980 like Alison it’s an “X” too)
- Gen-Y, or Millennials (born 1981 through 1993) – Kendra, Stephanie, Brittany, Rachel (thank goodness – was scared she was a “Z”)
- Gen-Z, or Generation Next (born 1994 through 2004)
From there, Burrelles has a host of strategies and tactics to be smart among the masses. Click here for all the goodness, and thanks to our friends for the great information!